Thursday, September 18, 2008

Learning about Diversity



We live in a state with a very diverse population. Really, it's one of the things I love most about California. My kids go to school and realize there are all kinds of people who speak different languages, have different beliefs or have a different color of skin.

Just look at this wall I saw today at Back to School Night, filled with little self-portraits of culturally diverse children, all in Ian's new second grade class. How beautiful!





Only, I'm not sure what race Ian thinks he belongs to.



9 comments:

The Titmi said...

Hello- he is a tan Californian with beach blond hair- He knows exactly who he is

Leslie said...

Awesome Kir...that is too cute!

mindy said...

Yeah, one thing I wish Utah had more of was ethnic diversity. Sigh....at least my kids have their brown grandpa & aunties.

Mike and Shelby said...

That's great...maybe he got a lot of sun this summer?

Jessica said...

That is hilarious. And I LOVED growing up in California for that very reason. Race just wasn't an issue.

Anisa said...

That is totally cute. I have to say that I think my little area of Daybreak is fairly diverse. I have Joren in a joyschool. We have a mom that is German, a mom that is French, a Hispanic family and a family where both parents went to Japan on their missions so they are teaching their daughter japanese. It's crazy.

Amy & Mark said...

This made me crack up! Hilarious!

stephanie said...

I love the blond hair. Great job taking pictures of that!

Melissa Markham said...

Awesome! I love Ian's picture!