Thursday, August 21, 2008

Established 1998

While Kirsten has been a star at keeping up this blog, I have not. If there were ever a good day to post, today is the day. You see, 10 years ago today, Kirsten said yes and my life has been forever changed for the better.

I’m not sure if I have the same witty creative talents of my beautiful wife, so this post may not measure up to her standards. I do have to say that Kirsten is a wonderful person, and I couldn’t be a luckier man to be married to her for time and all eternity. She has always been there for me, through the good times and the bad. We have had many great experiences together, and we have been blessed with three outstanding children.

Thinking back on that day 10 years ago, I don’t think that I could have imagined where we would be today. The time truly has flown by, the kids are getting older so quickly, and I expect that even on our 50th anniversary it will seem like we just got married yesterday.

Thank you Kirsten for everything that you are, and everything that you have helped me become. I love you.




(For those of you who understand German, you’ll love this song. For those who don’t…well the music is nice. There is a line in this song that played a role very early on in our story, “Einsamkeit traegt sich leichter zu zweit”, which means “Loneliness is easier to bear as two”.)

8 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, what a sweet post. Happy 10 years!

Janie said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary you guys! We love you.

Jessica said...

Yay for a Ben post. Congratulations, guys!

Leslie said...

Congrats on 10 years! If it's possible you guys look even better now then you did then! Love that this post is from Ben!

Audra Bollard said...

Way to have a knockout blog debut Ben!

Happy Anniversary to one of the best-suited-to-each-other couples we know. I loved seeing all the wedding pic's.

Tami said...

Impressive post Ben! And congrats on the anniversary! You two are such a great couple, and it was fun to see pictures of you through the years.

Anisa said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

mindy said...

Congratulations on TEN years you guys! I'm happy to have been around (somewhat) at the beginning of it all. And I love all the wedding shots. You two look wonderfully happy, both then and now. :o)