Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March Catchup

Ready for some catch-up? Here's what's been happening with us since we last tuned in...
The boys enjoyed their annual school jog-a-thon where they run to make some money for the school PTA. And oh, how we need it. With the terrible California economy, they have made all kinds of budget cuts. Increased class sizes, furlough days, cut programs...why don't the big people see the value of education? I should just be happy helping the government bail out those who bought homes they couldn't afford, or refinance their homes to get money to pay for other things they didn't need, and then decide that they don't want that house they bought after all, because, oh, they can't afford it. But the government can, right? Okay, I'll stop now.

The naughty leprechauns came to our house on St. Patrick's day and made a horrible mess, even riding our bikes in the house! They did leave some awesome candy behind.



However, I had to settle for my favorite flavor of SUGAR-FREE Orbit gum since I failed my routine glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I had to take the dreaded three-hour glucose test! One nasty drink, four blood draws and three hours sitting in a busy waiting room was not fun, but I did it!! No gestational diabetes for me!! But I think I'd better slow down on the Cadbury Mini Eggs anyway.

At the end of March, I was released as Young Women President in my ward. I cried many tears, but know that it's right, too. I will miss participating in awesome activities with awesome youth, even CAMP(!), feeling the power of the Lord's love for the youth of our church, saying the YW theme every Sunday, having a perfectly good excuse to act like a teenager, working with an awesome bishopric and amazing YW leaders, being so involved in the lives of my dear, dear Young Women, who will be amazing mothers and leaders, and a force for good in the world!

7 comments:

Adam's Family said...

Keep up the running boys! We'll run a marathon together one day! :)

Chunk N ME said...

You'll always be a Young Woman FOREVAH - - With me - -in my book! :) You are so cute prego! I can't wait to meet your baby :)

Unknown said...

Did you see my letter to the President? So sorry to hear that you were released. The girls will definitely miss you!

Cami said...

I forgot that you let the leprechauns destroy your house. So fun! I love the Scrabble message. Perfect!
Great photos

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, you must have been a fabulous Young Women's president, but with a new baby on the way, I bet this was good timing!

Those naughty leprechauns! :)

And, I failed each of my 1 hour tests too. Luckily, my doctor knew that and let me skip the 3 hour...however, that was the same day I was admitted to the hospital for sky-rocket blood pressure and protein in the urine....and being put on bed rest for the remaining 8 weeks! Glad you passed the 3 hour though!

Leslie said...

We love the M---- family! You are all so amazingly awesome!!!

Missletoe said...

Congrats on passing the diabetes test. I failed. bleh. But I took mine in December because I have failed in the past. Turns out to be a good thing, I haven't gained a pound since I started the diet 3 months ago. Just hoping I don't binge when it is all over. Mmmmm! Sugar!

You look great! It stinks we are on different coasts.