Wednesday, January 9, 2008

7-33














We celebrated another double birthday on January 8th. Ian turned 7 and Ben turned 33. Happy Birthday, boys! There are numerous other people with this birthday...The Blake twins, Elvis, Ian's school principal and his friend Dean, Ben's cousin and a brand new baby in our ward!
I was recounting to Ian about the day he was born, that it was Dad's birthday and I had gotten him DVD player for a present and started making a cake when suddenly, I started having a feeling that he wanted to get out (yeah, I toned that down A LOT) and a couple of hours later, there he was. Ian threw in this comment: "And then you gave dad another present...ME!" The DVD player stayed in the trunk of the car for a few days and Ben got a little jell-o and cream dessert with a candle and song from the nurses at the hospital.
We celebrated with Sprinkles cupcakes for Ben and a Lego cake for Ian. My take on those $36 per dozen cupcakes - really, really good, but not a whole lot better than homemade. The red velvet flavor was the best one...hands down. I think who enjoyed them most was my brother Ryan, who graced us with a 5-hour visit.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Happy birthday, Morgan boys!

Anisa said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday! I've heard a lot about these Sprinkles cupcakes...I'm not so sure I am enough of a cupcake fan to pay THAT much, but everyone I know raves about them! (Of course, Mike always requests the BR mint choc chip ice cream cake-and I think that's overpriced too...but whatever makes them happy on THEIR day, right?)

mindy said...

I'm glad to know I'm not missing out too much with the high-end cupcakes! Happy belated birthdays to Ian & Ben!

John, Sal, Maddy, and Stockton said...

I'm glad to see your boys had happy birthdays! Ian looks so big...what a cutie!!