Monday, January 25, 2010

The Rain






We've had a week of rain. Not just drizzle or the occasional shower, but a torrential, week-long downpour. I have to say I enjoyed the change from our usual "warm and sunny" so-cal forecast, the opportunity to just lay low at home, and the urge to bake goodies. I even marveled at the amount of flooding that occured in our yard, creating a temporary wetlands, complete with various species of birds. Maybe I could have done without the three-inch puddle in the front yard that prevented anyone from using our front door, or the less-than-pleasant, stir-crazy children, or even the tornado warning and 5-hour power outage, but it all made for an exciting week! We've had two days of glorious sun, which I truly appreciate much more now.
It's supposed to rain again tomorrow and I actually look forward to an excuse to curl up in my bed and read a good book while the wind blows and the rain drops tap on my roof.

9 comments:

Lance and Kristi said...

beautiful pictures, Kirsten!

Leslie said...

I love your photos Kir! Hang in there through the flood! :)

wuxiheather said...

Those are GREAT pictures and I'm super jealous of the green and the flowers!

How do you put so many pictures together? Is that something you do on your own or do you do it on Blogger?

wuxiheather said...

Those are GREAT pictures and I'm super jealous of the green and the flowers!

How do you put so many pictures together? Is that something you do on your own or do you do it on Blogger?

Anisa said...

Could be worse.... snow that never melts.

Janie said...

Your pictures are fantastic! It just started sprinkling again at our house and the park down below is still flooded! Crazy weather...

Adam's Family said...

Love the pics Kir! Does the rain remind you of England like it does me?

Rachel Anderson said...

'Just wanted to write and say we really miss you guys!!!

Amy & Mark said...

I love your pictures, Kirst! And I love the rain! I hope you got to curl up with that good book.