- It's warm enough to go to the beach (although the water is still pretty cold)
- We trade our sweatshirts and shoes for shorts and flip-flops
- Daffodils at the store for a dollar a bunch
- Strawberries go on sale
- All things Easter: hunts, dresses, candy, baskets, Cadbury Mini Eggs
- We start getting visitors again -14 so far!
- Spring baseball
- fragrant Star Jasmin and flowering hedges
- we break out the sunscreen
- I get the urge to go on a road trip -next week!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Spring in SoCal
Spring has always been my favorite season. My birthday is in the spring, I love that sudden burst of warm sunshine and flowers, the fragrant air and spring rains, especially after a long winter. Spring in sunny Southern California isn't quite the same; we don't really get distinct seasons. Here, I have to look for signs of spring, or even buy them.
Posted by Kirbell at 9:40 PM