While I was furiously cleaning the bathrooms getting ready for our landlord to come over and take pictures to put our condo on the market, Jacob decides he needs a snack. Popcorn! He puts it in the microwave and sets the time for 15 minutes. After some time, he smells smoke and decides he'd better tell mom what is going on. "Mom, the popcorn is smoking." Sure enough, the popcorn is smoking. In fact, the whole kitchen is smoking. Coughing, I make my way to the microwave, (which is in the pantry) to turn it off. Luckily there was no fire, but plenty of smoke damage, which took us an entire weekend to repair. My landlord was too busy to come by that day (phew).
The good news is, we are moving to a bigger house. It's almost twice as big as the our condo, it has four bedrooms, a garage and a yard. We're thrilled!